Goal – To build a bridge out of only spaghetti, masking tape and glue that spans a 500 metre gap between two tables and supports the heaviest load possible.
Engineers in groups of 2 are to build a free standing bridge from spaghetti (cylindrical forms of pasta) and glue during the allotted class time
The winning bridge is the one that can take the most weight, and is within the rules
- You work in teams of 2
- The bridge is to be built from spaghetti (no other form of pasta) and glue only.
- The bridge must be free standing, and must span two level surfaces 500mm apart
- The support for the bridge shall be from the top of the tables. The edges of the table cannot be used for support, and engineers cannot fix your bridge to the table. It must be able to be picked up, transported and put away in tact
- You must build all of the bridge during class time at school
- Spaghetti must be kept in its primary form (not cooked or grinded)
- The bridge needs to be self supporting and if it cannot stand by itself it will be ruled out from judging
- The judges decision is final
- Dried spaghetti
- Access to a hot glue gun
A fair use policy applies to all of these materials…
These are the only materials available to you so please do not waste them.
You will not receive any more spaghetti if they are seen to be wasting their current supply